25 Nov Scriptwriter of the Month: Dima Stoianov
November brings us the new Scriptwriter of the Month – Moldavian filmmaker Dima Stoianov. Stoianov was born in Moldova and educated in Romania and Sweden. To find out more about what he’s working on, check his MTSW profile here and go on reading.
• What makes the 5 films on your Top 5 list so special?
The “horror within us” – and “rock and roll in storytelling” this is what I like about films.
• Why did you decide to go into film?
As Orson Welles stated in F FOR FAKE: “fiction is the best tool to say the truth.”
• Commercial films or art house?
Commercial art house films are the best.
• How and when did you begin writing?
I began in 2016 while in screenwriting workshop
• Where do you like to write the most?
Coffeeshops or my bed.
• What kind of music do you listen to while writing?
Future soundtrack of the film I’m writing at that time.
• Where do ideas come from?
From memories, mostly.
• If you could go anywhere in space and time, where would that be?
I’d go to 1990s, somewhere in the neighbourhood of my childhood.